LHP didn't have to wait long for his wristband yesterday, so he spent the rest of the day bumming around SLC. I think it was rather strange for him to truly have nothing to do. No school, no work, no kids, no wife, no friends (at least during the middle of the day; the friends he stayed with are great), and no commitments. He saw tons of other Idol contestants around, and I think he is more prepared for what will happen today than any of the others he encountered.
I wish I could see him in his full outfit today; he looked great when he tried it on and I'm sure he looks great now. I called him just before 8:00 am, when the auditions started, and he seemed very calm and confident but also very excited about today. It is always an amazing feeling to be fulfilling a dream or a goal, even if this is the end of it.
So, here's to long days waiting in line and happy endings!
29 July 2008
This is it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment