So, this post is out of order, but better late than never, eh?
LHP's work had their annual Free Fishing Day where they open their pond/lake for kids fishing and have giveaways and such. We headed out there (thanks grandma for lending the pole), and LHP was able to take a few minutes and fish with JLP. I tried to cast a few times while wearing a fussy CDP, and it managed to satisfy JLP. He quickly figured out how to reel in the bobber, and loved doing it over and over. I REALLY didn't want to catch anything because I didn't want to deal with it, so we pretty much did the opposite as all of the recommendations, and guess what...no fish! Yeah. Success in my book.
I can see how fishing can be a good bonding experience, but it's really not my cup 'o' tea, as it were.
One of LHP's co-workers took these pictures of us. Good times!
02 July 2008
Free Fishing Day 6/21/08
Labels:
family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great picture of you!
AMEN!!! I would avoid fish at all cost. :)
But what a great family pic!
We went to the free fishing weekend here and had a ball as well!
Post a Comment