16 July 2008

Getting In Touch With the Mop

It has been quite some time since the mop and I have had quality time together. My mom mopped when she was here, which was much appreciated, meaning it's been a couple of months since I personally engaged in the calorie- and time-burning activity of mopping the floors. I know this is quite the scandalous thing to admit because floors are supposed to be mopped weekly, but that doesn't happen, at least not around here.

Don't get me wrong, I am very glad to have floors to mop. Our previous apartment (was that really two years ago?) had carpet everywhere, even the kitchen and bathroom. Yuk! So one would think this appreciation would endear me forever to the mop. Sadly, this is not so. But, in honor of the family who will begin arriving tomorrow, the mop and I have been rebonded.

I actually found the repetitive push, pull...push, pull slightly cathartic. Slightly. Enough that I recognized it. And boy, do I love looking at and walking on a freshly cleaned floor. I might have to try mopping more often!

2 comments:

GustoBones said...

Would that I only had to mop once a week.(when I had less kids I could)Now I HAVE to mop at the very least 2 times a week. I do the old hands and knees bit too, so that stinks. I thinnk I need to splurge on a good steam mop, I have a cheapy one and it just doesn't cut it! Have fun with the fam in town and congrats to Lucas on his graduation! Maybe you guys will end up close to us(in the NW) that is if Lucas isn't cutting an album somewhere in a year:)!

Aubrey said...

HEE HEE HEE! You are too cute and so dang silly! Thanks for the giggle! Its totally all about finding the theraputic-ness in motherhood and lifes everyday to-do's!(Like the back and forth of a rocking chair...or maybe if you dont have one, the rocking back and forth of self. Or the scrubbing back and forth of new baby poopies..or maybe toddler pb and jelly and MUD! It always is so rewarding to get out a SCARY HORRIFIC stain! I feel slightly wonderwomanish! YEE HAW! I miss yall so much, I cant believe it has been so long! Congratulations on your new little wonder, he is beautiful. JOSHUA IS SO BIG AND SO DANG CUTE! I love your blog and your zealy-ness! Your AMAZING girlie! I hope I can see you and your cute fam soon! Love AUBREY