09 July 2008

I'm Addicted....to Clothing

I'm addicted to clothing..., but not my own. I actually really like shopping and really hate trying to find clothes for me. However, buying clothes for my boys is a habit bordering on fetish that I honestly don't want to get over. No matter that I have seven boxes (believe me, I know. I counted them today) of little boy clothes waiting for CDP to grow into, or that JLP only needs so many pairs of shorts, I'm a sucker! (I guess after the skate park, he could use at least one more pair...)

It's probably just as well that our financial situation effectively limits my purchasing power. Perhaps I can strive to learn self-control with these imposed limits and I will develop the ability to resist more effectively. But, I have worked around the financial aspect of it by scouring thrift stores for hidden treasures and hitting up stores that have super sales. Also, there is this great little store on the way to my parents' home that has a sale the last weekend of every month where they have tables piled with clothing for only $.25 each!!! Yeah, I go crazy at that sale.

I have also taken to making clothing for my boys so they can match (see the 4th of July outfits), but I have discovered that although patterns for adorable little girl clothes abound, the selection available for little boys is pretty much limited to camp shirts, shorts, and sailor outfits. I mean, come on! Why can't they provide patterns like the fun stuff that abounds in stores?

There may be some out there who cannot comprehend this drive, but to those who do, I say: SEARCH ON! Having fulfillment in finding cute clothes for my kids for not very much money a zealism I can stand to live with!

1 comment:

time-for-a-paws said...

I always love finding a good sale!