I felt like a good wife today because I planned ahead and started my crock pot for dinner in the day so everything would be slow cooked to perfection. I have my crock pot in an obscure place so it doesn't heat up our house, and when I went to check on it three hours later, I was met by a very unexpected surprise.
The lentil combination that went in (lentils, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and water) came out smelling like...I kid you not, chocolate cake or (in LHP's olfactory opinion) chocolate and grass clippings. So weird. No idea how that combination produced that result, but it makes me question some of the chocolate cake I've eaten.
I usually don't have such terrible failures at cooking, and by the time I checked the crock pot, it was too late to start something else. Bummer. We ended up with bagel sandwiches instead. A much-preferred alternative to chocolate cake-tasting lentil something.
10 July 2008
The Crock Pot Ate My Dinner
Labels:
daily life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Darn it! What a crazy story!
Whoa!! That is weird. Better luck next time with your crock pot!
chocolate for dinner? What the problem with that? hahaha.
Post a Comment