08 July 2008

The Goodbye

On Saturday the 5th we went back to the nature park, with the girl's roller blades and socks this time, and they took a spin. I pushed JLP & CDP, and this is our usual method. It is a one-child stroller, but we're making it work. Actually, JLP likes it because he sits so high. I call it their chariot.

M&R rollerbladed at the skate park, and here they were posing on a slopy part with their roller blades on, hence the expressions.

JLP loved it, scrapes and all.

This is what happens to shorts after sliding down concrete for an hour:
After another hour, there isn't much left of the shorts in the back but holes :)

Grandpa came Saturday afternoon to get the girls and meet CDP, and we took them all back to the skate park for a while, then out to eat at a fantastic little burger place here. Tasty! (the atmosphere, which is usually pleasant, was terrible because of this family that were underdressed and overly boistrous. We had to practically shout to converse. This is one of my pet peeves. I don't mind people going out with their families; we do, but when there is no control and no attempt at control...GRRRR. When we go out to eat it's special and I don't like other people ruining it. Okay. Enough about that rant.) Then we all went to the park for a while.

Grandpa stayed with the boys while LHP and I were able to go on a date (the 2nd kid-free date in a month. Wow!), and we watched Prince Caspian. Loved it. Great show, especially since it has heart and meaning.

Sunday morning we had to say goodbye. JLP keeps asking about where Grandpa is and if M&R can play. At least it won't be very long until we see them again at graduation!

Thanks LHP for taking the picture!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

looks like you guys ahve been very busy! NOthing like a family visit!

Monette and Mark said...

Looks like you all had a great time with the girls there. I love your post about the hot dog roast. Everything seemed to go wrong but it worked out ok. :) Graduation is sure coming fast. What happens after that...??

time-for-a-paws said...

Sounds like a blast and a half! I guess Joshua needs a shorts shopping spree cause now there are holes in his!