29 September 2008

Piles of Dishes

Today I have a pile of dishes waiting very patiently to be scrubbed clean.

I decided to make some dinner rolls last night, which blossomed into an entire service extravaganza for people in our ward (new babies, sick families,the works).

Of course, when I finished doing all of this I plopped down on the couch for a little rest before working (which means I didn't want to get up again). After I was done working I didn't want to stay up to do dishes, which brings me to today. I didn't have time to clean them before breakfast, so those dishes have been added to the pile.

I'm getting to terminal pileage; plates and pans are going to start sliding off the pile. I'm just going to have to put some fun music on and buckle down and get to the bottom of it. I wish doing my own dishes provided the same heartwarming feeling I get when I serve others. Not so. Not so.

I'm also amazed at how quickly things (dishes/laundry/toys) can get backed up if I don't stay on top of them every meal/day/playtime. Bummer. But I guess that's life.

1 comment:

pinkmorning said...

that is always how i have felt about laundry. it is never-ending. the minute you do it, you have more. sometimes i will put a towel around me and throw laundry in before i get into the shower so that all my clothes are clean, even if just for a few hours...sigh.