I caught something. Bad.
I awoke at 4 am, writhing with pain in my stomach. No more sleep for me. I spent the next two hours with diarrhea, wishing I could just throw up and get it over with. Finally, at 6 am, I started throwing up, and threw up everything I tried to swallow until noon. I took some stuff that contains activated charcoal in the hopes that it would stay down long enough to start absorbing some of the 'whatever-is-making-me-hurt' stuff. I really didn't want to throw it up because it's not tasty stuff, but miraculously it has stayed down for over an hour (major achievement!!!).
I can't express how thankful I am that LHP had the day off today. He has been an awesome help, even taking both boys for a walk to the bank and to get the tennis racket re-strung, giving me time to writhe in bed in peace. I actually did get about twenty minutes of sleep then. Nothin' like severe stomach cramps to keep a girl awake.
The thing I have been most concerned about is not being able to make enough milk for
CDP. We have done pretty well so far, but if I can't keep at least some liquids down in the next couple of hours I think I'll have to go in and get an IV so CDP doesn't starve. We do have some samples of formula 'courtesy' of the hospital, but I'm not even sure he'll take a bottle. We've never had to try.
Sigh. This is certainly not something I would ever wish upon anyone else!
25 September 2008
Major Intestinal Distress
Labels:
daily life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh yuck. i am so sorry. i have been sick since sunday. it is the pits. being sick is horrible but so much worse when you are the mom. i caught a virus and haven't been able to breathe or swallow well and have had a high fever, luckily audrey hasn't caught it yet but we haven't gone on any outings this week and have spent the week in my pajamas. i sure hope you don't have to go to the hospital for an IV. i am glad LHP had the day off today so you could get some rest. dave had monday off and that helped me so much, i slept until two pm. i hope you can get some more rest and that you start feeling better!
Quick update:
That activated charcoal stuff must work because I haven't thrown up in almost five hours. I've had a bit of apple juice and Gatorade, so I think we're going to make it. Now, if I could only stop the stomach cramps and diarrhea...
Oh how terrible! I sure hope you get to feelin' better. It is the absolute hardest thing to take care of kiddos when you're sick. I am so glad your husband was there to help out!
So sorry you've been sick. When you have that intestinal stuff it really feels like you'll never feel good again. Violent stuff.
Post a Comment