We went to the park today. A lovely fall day beckoned (there's the Anne coming out again), and it was warm, no wind, and I had a super energetic JLP: the perfect combination for a walk to the park. On days I want him to burn more energy I have him walk beside the stroller. He walked most of the way today.
The leaves are changing color, so we looked at the pretty colors, and I drove the stroller through the leaves on the sidewalk so we could crunch them. At the park JLP got right on the playground. He really loves to play when other kids are there; if he's alone it's just not as fun. CDP was sleeping, so I just stretched out on the grass.
I found myself watching the clouds drift by. How long has it been since I've done that? Years. I couldn't even believe it. In those few minutes I retrieved perspective for my life, saw some fun shapes, introduced JLP to cloud-gazing, and rejuvenated my soul. As I realized how long it had been, I thought about all the other 'How long has it been since I ___________''s in my life. (Not sure if that made sense, so you may have to read it again.) Called a friend just because? Written a thank-you note? Paused to look at the stars? Really looked in my child's eyes when I said 'I LOVE YOU!'? These are the tiny things that bring infinite meaning to my life. So I ask (rhetorically): How long has it been for you?
On a much less philosophical note: LHP purchased two $110 tennis rackets ($220 total retail) at a sporting goods liquidation place for $25 total. One has to be re-stringed ($5), so we got a screaming deal. Now we just have to learn how to play...
24 September 2008
How long has it been?
Labels:
daily life,
jdp,
jlp,
super deal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
AWESOME DEAL on your tennis rackets. That is SO exciting!
And as for the thought, how long? I was just thinking "how long has it been since I mailed a letter?" (you know, an actual envelope with a stamp). A long while...
Very thought provoking....
I would love getting tennis raquets. I love the ANNE movies, but have never read them!! How fun to enjoy the fall weather too!
Ode to my former tennis partner,
With new rackets I see you'll move on.
Playing with a new partner from dusk until dawn.
Post a Comment