21 September 2008

Anne of Green Gables

Ah, yes. Another classic. Another set I have read before and wanted to revisit.

This was also an audio version, and the reader was very good.

I can't even comprehend writing the fruffy, exceedingly dramatic prose of Anne Shirley. And yet, the language IS Anne. She lives, breathes, and exudes this personality of hers, then draws other people into the love and vivacity she gives life. She draws people to her love. She wins the hearts of others, not by demanding it, but by placing her heart on the line first, then welcoming the heart of another.

I am already planning the Anne movie marathon after I finish the next two books!

2 comments:

pinkmorning said...

i have always been a big Anne fan myself. i have read the books and seen the movies too many times to count!

Beanie said...

We just had an Anne movie marathon at Grandma Proctor's house when we were putting Mariah in school. Dad had never seen them (or at least that's what he claims).