19 December 2008

A True Christmas Gift

We received a true Christmas gift from someone that was deeply appreciated by us.

The gift was simply from the heart, and touched right to our souls.

In the middle of all of the stress about not having work, trying to do a special Christmas anyway, and being unsure of how things will work out for us, this gift was a glimmer of hope and love.

It made me pause, take a breath, and give a huge prayer of thanks. Not just for the gift, but for all of the other gifts I receive from other people and from Heavenly Father.

Then it made me want to reach out and give.

I've watched some episodes of a new TV show called 'Secret Millionaire' which I won't explain, but you should check it out. I watch it on hulu.com. I felt to my core that reaching out to help other people goes beyond money and really trying to see, then meet the needs of the people who are around me. And I want to give even more.

This beautiful time of the year when the world is most dark (lack of sunlight and gloomy economy) is when people seem to reach out to each other in the most simple and profound ways ever.

Thank you. Thank you for reminding me of this.

No comments: