We had quite a magical Christmas this year. It was a classic White Christmas; "the weather outside was {truly} frightful" and the hot chocolate was 'so delightful', and since we couldn't go anywhere, "LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!"
We were planning to go out to our Bishop's home for a Christmas morning brunch, but the roads were too poor to make it with confidence. Instead, we had fun with our family.
Santa was pretty great this year, including a couple of visits from unknown Santa Helpers. We feel truly blessed.
JLP was thrilled that Santa got his message that he wanted bubbles and a train. Santa didn't quite get the order right; JLP wanted a train that MOVES (aka battery-powered), and that didn't end up happening. He still has had fun with the train he got.
LHP's favorite gift was a pair of GAP pants that we found at DI. The fit was fabulous and the price was great. He was also excited to surprise me with:
My favorite present is an office chair; I now can work in comfort and have some arm rests and a little recline, as well as some much-needed cushion. Although LHP may find that I spend more time on the computer with my new comfortable chair... I also really liked that I get a few days off work. That's always so relaxing.
LHP got a video game from Santa, so we played that for a while. We also pulled out many of the toys for the boys, and read some stories.
I wish the day could have been a little longer so we could cherish the magic for a few moments more; I guess that's the real challenge: making the Spirit of Christmas part of daily life.



26 December 2008
Christmas Day in the Morning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
SO MUCH FUN! HOW wonderful! I am so glad you had a great day...you definitely deserve that!
Post a Comment