In our scripture reading yesterday we talked about the Brother of Jared and company landing on the Promised Land, and the first thing they did was give thanks. A quote to go along with that said that Joseph Smith said one of the major sins many of us will be guilty of is the sin of ingratitude. In the spirit of the holidays, and with this quote resounding in my soul, I have tried to have prayers full of gratitude instead of the seemingly-constant pleading for blessings (especially that of a job). I felt my soul lift as I had my prayers throughout the day.
We didn't suddenly get the most amazing job in the world, but a couple of great things happened; things that let me know my Heavenly Father is still there:
I found a library book that has been lost for about two months. I had looked everywhere, twice (even the freezers...). Last night, just before putting JLP in bed, I had the thought to actually pull out the mattress. I had looked there before, but last night it was just waiting for me to find it.
The other great thing is that I found my excema medication. I get very painful dry spots on my hands and had a prescription for it last winter. I hadn't used up the tube and really didn't want to pay for a new one. I was desperate last night and was going through everything. In a random place in our storage closet I found a little tube with no prescription information on it. We were pretty confident it was the right stuff, so I put some on last night, then this morning I called the midwives and confirmed it is the right stuff. I finally have some relief.
These are small things, insigificant really in life, but they made a difference to me, especially in the middle of all of the other things happening.
11 December 2008
Small Things Make Big Difference
Labels:
daily life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Even little blessings are just that, blessings. Glad you have felt watched over.
I appreciate you sharing those little things that are big things--at least in the way of letting you know Heavenly Father is there. It is such a great reminder...so thank you!!
Post a Comment