11 December 2008

Another Little Blessing

Another little blessing came our way today.

This has a lot of backstory that would include some major ranting about the attitude of the people LHP worked for, but I want to focus this on my gratitude for what happened today. I'll just say that LHP is supposed to sing at the Christmas party next Wednesday, another person is supposed to sing with him, and he was put in charge of buying the stuff for it without indication that we would be reimbursed.

So, we tried to find some karoke tracks from a teacher on campus that we know well. She didn't have much Christmas stuff. We decided to look online and found an album that had tracks that weren't cheezier than nachos (a real feat in the karaoke industry). It was available at walmart.com, but in order to get it here in time to practice we would have had to pay a lot for shipping. In the information online it said it was available at the store, so LHP called the store to see.

They have karaoke and Christmas music, but no Christmas karaoke.

I felt like I should go look, so I walked by all the Christmas stuff with no luck. I found the Christmas music in the electronics section, but there was no karaoke there. I asked, and the salesperson showed me the same Christmas music, then the separate karaoke section. She said, "We don't have Christmas....WAIT, what's that?"

Sure enough, it was a karaoke Christmas pack.

It was the EXACT SAME product that we found online. The very only choice in the store. The only Christmas karaoke in there.

And, it was for less money than the listed price online, even before shipping.

And now we will have some great karaoke tracks to sing along to for years to come!
(I guarantee it will be wrapped under the tree in a week...)

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

HOW COOL!! Glad you found it!

GustoBones said...

Glad you had the "feeling" to go check the store anyway. Isn't it just amazinng the little blessings we receive from following those little impressions. Even when it is as simple as Karaoke music!