On our way back from the park this evening, LHP got in a nasty bicycle accident. Fortunately he wasn't really hurt. He was riding quite fast on the sidewalk by La Jolla going toward Melaleuca (for those of you who can picture this), and a car was coming from the alley behind Melaleuca. LHP couldn't stop and the car didn't move past the sidewalk. I was watching the whole thing from about half a block away. LHP left two nice dents in the car, and LHP's bike is pretty banged up. The front wheel is pushed clear back so the bike won't roll, and some of the other stuff got knocked around. There was probably mutual fault, and both sides just walked away (thankfully everyone could walk), but we've still got the conundrum of fixing this brand new bicycle. I really am glad LHP was protected, but it still is a problem that we're going to have to pay for. I guess that's life.
29 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man you have posted like 10 posts since I looked at your blog...you are a blogging professional by now!!
Post a Comment