24 August 2008

Book Reports 101


As I have posted before, we love to read around our house. We all read quite often and move through books very quickly. I have decided that I want a record of all of the books I have read (including the ones with LHP), so a new label for my blog is born: Book Nook.

My vision for this is to provide a brief synopsis, followed by my favorite character and why, as well as what I learned or enjoyed most about the book. If I didn't like it, I'm sure you'll know.

To start this post off, LHP and I are going to pick our brains and try and list all the books we have read since we were dating. Here goes:
Prydain Chronicles by Lloyd Alexander (5 books)
Celia Garth (where LHP was named from) by Gwen Bristow
Alvin Maker Series by Orson Scott Card (6 books)
Ender Series by Orson Scott Card (4 books)
Ender's Shadow Series by Orson Scott Card (4 books)
Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (7 books)
The Traveler & the Dark River by John Twelve Hawks (2 books; third coming out later this year...)
Star Wars Continuation Series by Timothy Zahn (3 books)
Elantris by Brandon Sanderson (on of my all-time favorites!)
Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson (unreleased)
Leven Thumps by Obert Skye (3 books)
Fablehaven Cycle by Brandon Mull (3 books, and more to come)
Princess Bride by William Goldman
Johnathon Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke (we've only read half)
Airman by Eoin Colfer
Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer
Books of Ember by JeAnne Duprau
Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke (never finished it)
Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (a trilogy in five books; we've read three)
Dirk Pitt Adventures by Clive Cussler (6 books)
The Lord of the Ring Series by J.R.R. Tolkien (including the Hobbit, so 4 books)
The Ropemaker by Peter Dickenson (another fav.)
Pastwatch: the Redemption of Christopher Columbus by Orson Scott Card
Eragon
and Eldest by Christopher Paolini
Invasive Procedures by Orson Scott Card & Aaron Johnston
Empire by Orson Scott Card
Tarzan by Edgar Rice Burroughs
The Iron Ring by Lloyd Alexander
The Earthsea Trilogy (three books obviously) by Ursula K. Le Guin
Tehanu by Ursula K. Le Guin
The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor (very clever new interpretation of Alice in Wonderland)
The History of Joseph Smith by His Mother Revised and Enhanced Edition...

So, after 20 minutes of thinking, these were all of them we could come up with. 72 books in four years...not bad. I'm sure there are more, and it will bother us until we dig them out of our memory.

With this grandiose start, I look forward to writing about the words I read :)

1 comment:

Mariah "Sniggs" said...

Thats incredible! It's so fun to become well read-and to share it with someone. I was devastated when i read Princess Bride and then later found out S. Morgenstern isn't real...... :(