29 August 2008

Celebrating the 4th Anniversary

We didn't do much celebrating on our anniversary, so yesterday (LHP's day off) we did some fun things.

First off, he cleaned up a part of a room that has been in desperate need of attention for a while, and he did it of his own desire. What a great present!

While he was working on that, I finished the floor (see previous post).

With the house half way put back together we headed off for lunch at a fancier-but-still-casual restaurant that we have had our eye on for quite some time. JLP went to play with friends, so he was thrilled, and it was so nice not to have to entertain him and contain him at the table. CDP slept the whole time.

It was this great little Italian place and LHP had fettuccine alfredo and I had bowtie pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, and other yummy stuff. They had salad and this wonderful bread that came with it. We even splurged on Italian sodas (we NEVER buy drinks at restaurants). We actually used money we had been given from a super generous friend a couple of months ago when he gave us tickets to a show, money for a babysitter, and money for dinner. We used some then, but saved as much as we could, and enjoyed the lunch so much. I love eating out at lunch time because the prices are so much better. I even had leftovers I savored today. We are definitely going there again someday. Yum. We spent most of our time talking about what we have done so far and what things we want to do this next year. This is our tablecloth decoration:


After lunch we picked JLP for naptime and we watched a movie. In the evening we got some free custards off our Starving Student Cards (Cherry Blitz: cherry with chocolate pieces. Another yum) and went to the park. Then we did one of our favorite dates: shopping at a store with a limited budget to see what we could find for eachother. Our limit was $11 (including tax). This is what I got for LHP:
And what he gave me:
I've already tried the sudoku, and I like it. It will let me cheat though (it won't let you put the wrong number in a slot), but I really try to do it myself.

We had a fun time, and now a great memory.

1 comment:

time-for-a-paws said...

That sounds like you had a lot of fun. I like the table drawing:)