I can't believe an entire week has passed since I have posted anything! We have had quite a week, to say the least.
Tuesday was LHP's day off, so we spent some great time together. We also decided to get him a new road bicycle, as well as a portable washing machine. The bike came today, so look for pictures soon; the washing machine will be another week or so.
Wednesday afternoon I headed out with the boys to LHP's family reunion...without LHP. His boss just got married and was on his honeymoon, and LHP has to be there if the boss is gone. We really wanted JLP to get to play with his cousins, so we decided it would be worth it. I tried to go during nap time, and it worked for the first hour. Then JLP woke up wanting water (thanks to the lack of A/C in our car).
Luckily he read his stories and played with his scooper/dump truck. CDP woke up right as we were getting into Utah, so I fed him, and he went back to sleep for the rest of the trip. We ended up Ogden Canyon, which was so beautiful! When we finally arrived, JLP was immediately playing. I had to change a major blowout on CDP (with some help). He eventually just got a quick bath because the mess was all over. We got settled and had a good time catching up with everybody.
This is how I found them sleeping the next morning:
We got everything together, then headed to the reservoir for a great day of playing on the sandy beach and playing on the SeaDoo Waverunner thing. I had never ridden one, so after Grandpa took JLP and I on a short, safe ride, I went solo for a short run. I didn't want to get too daring because I forgot to take my glasses off and I really didn't want them at the bottom of the water! It was really fun, though. The water got choppy and JLP got crabby, so we went back to the house for nap time.
I was so glad to get to watch some Olympics; it's a real treat because we don't get any TV reception.
My tall brother also got home from his mission on Thursday. I was able to call him and visit, which was quite fun. He will be coming here to school, so it will be great to be able to hang out.
Thursday night was not as great as Wednesday's. At 2:30 in the morning I awoke to a piercing scream from JLP, then nothing. He couldn't breathe. I scrambled out of bed and over to him, but he still couldn't get any air. He was starting not to move. I did the Heimlich a couple of times, and nothing immediately happened, so I grabbed his body to run and get some help and a phone, but that must have been enough to dislodged it. I initially thought he had gotten a bite of apple we had on the chest of drawers, but it was actually throw up...really chunky, nasty throw up. I think he threw up, which woke him up, and when he tried to breathe, it went down the wrong way. The experience really freaked me out. My stomach was churning from nerves and sickness, and I almost threw up while cleaning everything up. I put JLP next to me on the bed with a towel under him to catch anything else that might come. For the rest of the night he would go to sleep for about half an hour, then wake up throwing up, go with me to get cleaned up, fall back asleep exhausted, the repeat. I didn't sleep between his throw up sessions because I was really worried about him, especially that he wouldn't be able to breathe again and he would die. Logic isn't quite so strong that time of day. I also had to feed CDP a couple of times. An hour and a half of sleep isn't quite enough for me. Some of the other kids at the reunion were sick; we spent a lot of time trying to get the kids to share, but this is one thing I would have rather avoided!
Friday we bummed around the house because I didn't want to take the boys out with JLP sick, as well as me. We did go to the resort park area/tennis court and hang out with the family. I even played a game of tennis. It's not my forte, but I really enjoyed it. The sickness progressed to included diarrhea, which is always difficult. Loss of appetite is also a bummer when such great food is to be had!
Friday night was also hard; JLP threw up again, but only once. I was more sick, though. My stomach itself was pained not just like I was going to throw up, but also like it was being twisted and poked and rubbed against a cheese grater. I totalled about 4 hours of sleep; a big improvement.
When we woke up I got the boys changed and we headed out to see the hot air balloon launch. I could already see some in the air, but decided to go catch up with Grandpa, Ana, Uncle A, and Uncle T. I'm glad we did because we got to see a couple balloons lift off, then one latecomer set out the balloon, fill it with air, light the fires, and lift off. It was very cool to be so close. It was a highlight of our trip (I guess after our nights, pretty much anything could be a highlight, huh?). I didn't have my camera, so I'm looking forward to getting copies of the others. During Saturday afternoon we went back to the resort tennis courts/open area and played some more.
Then it was picture time! Anyone who know anything about this family knows that pictures are an integral part of every gathering. I wished LHP was there so we could have had a family picture, but I got some with the boys, as well as them individually. The entire group shot was courtesy of the camera set on the lounge chair ottoman, as well as a towel draped over chairs for shading of the lens. I should have taken a picture of that! I will come back through and add pictures when I get them.
We left right after dinner on Saturday; our Bishop was released yesterday and I wanted to be back for that; plus with our track record for amount of sleep at night, I wanted to be back home. After gassing up and me taking one last bathroom break, we were off. It wasn't that easy, though, because CDP decided he didn't want to ride in the car. I ended up pulling over on the interstate to feed him. A very nice lady pulled up and asked if I needed help. She had seen me when she was driving by, so she came back to come see if she could do anything. I really appreciated her kindness. CDP then went to sleep, with JLP following shortly after. To keep me from sleeping I visited on the phone much of the way. We made it back at 11:30. I was going to help unload, but promtly fell asleep feeding CDP. I was so glad to be back because CDP had a rough night with just screaming. He never threw up, but I think the illness was affecting him. JLP did a lot better. We decided that the boys and I would just go to Sacrament Meeting because I didn't want to torture other parents with what I had gone through. It was a very nice meeting; it's always interesting when such drastic leadership changes occur.
LHP is in charge of the music for Stake Conference, and we had choir practice last night. It went so much better than the last two; we had so many people there! It is rewarding but taxing.
So, we're now back to today. I spent a lot of time catching up on laundry and dishes, but still have a lot to do. It's amazing how fast this one week went by, let alone a month!
18 August 2008
One Whole Week Already?
Labels:
cdp,
extended family,
jlp,
vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! I woudl have been SO scared! What an emotional roller coaster!!!
So, who is the new bishop?? And counselors? Do I know anyone??? It is so sad to see Bishop released. He is such a special man.
Anyway, always love news from the good ol' 11th ward!
oh Janette! I am so sorry to hear that you and JLP were sick. how miserable. mom and dad, mariah and michaela came over to my house last night for dinner and brought that gift for audrey from you. those little outfits are darling and we love them! that was so thoughtful of you. I wanted to let you know we got them and thank you. i hope you and your family are well now.
Wow I didn't know the inside story of the midnight wake ups. That is scary. I am glad you are all okay now. I am happy that Lucas got a new bike and that you got a new washing machine too! That all sounds so great!
Post a Comment