09 August 2008

A Project Complete; a Stubbed Toe

Yesterday I spent a lot of the day cleaning (someone is watching JLP here at our apt tonight, so the embarrassment of them seeing it dirty was impetus enough for me to clean), and working on projects that have been out and causing some of the mess.

I finished one of those projects; actually the most recent one I started. I made these cute matching outfits for my boys. The material is covered with fire trucks, and as I mentioned, that is enough for JLP. He loves it. He is wearing his this morning and keeps looking down at the trucks and talking about them. CDP's still needs some snaps; I'm not sure when it will acutally get done. I may have to improvise with safety pins because I really like it. I also LOVE my serger. It makes sewing such things infinitely easier!


My other drama for the day was when I was going on campus to practice the piano. I am playing the musical number tomorrow and needed to go over it. The doors on one side of the room were locked, so I tried the other side. They wouldn't open, either, so in frustration and desperation I pulled really hard, and, guess what! It opened and slammed right into my big toe, breaking off a good chunk of the nail and exposing the tender ouchie part underneath. I practiced even though it hurt to pedal, then rode my bike home shoeless because I didn't want anything over that toe. I'll be going with sandals for the next few days...


2 comments:

time-for-a-paws said...

Love those new clothes!! Ouch though!! I am sorry for the wound:(

Monette and Mark said...

I love the boy's matching outfits. Too cute. You did a great job. WOW! Sorry about your toe. Ouch. Hope it heals quickly.