25 August 2008

Magician's Nephew

Personal listening (dramatized audio from the library)

Of course I love this book; it has been some time since I have read it, and I really enjoyed listening to it this time. This version was a dramatization, which was very fun because there were the different voices, as well as some sound effects.

I am so glad C.S. Lewis wrote this 'prequel' after writing so many of the other books in the series. The symbols of creation are so beautiful, plus the storyline is a perfect bridge to the series.

There aren't many characters in this book...the main characters are obvious choices, but I have to say I really like the horse, Strawberry. After being freed and given the power of speech, he remembers some of the past wrongs that man did to him. He is able to forgive, then be of service to these same humans. He is then blessed for his sacrifice and is given wings, becoming known as Fledge. This is a powerful example for me in my life, and I find parallels in my struggles to forgive, overcome, and love with an open heart.

2 comments:

time-for-a-paws said...

C.S. Lewis is so brillant!

Monette and Mark said...

I'm impressed how many books you guys have read. We really should follow your example.
How exciting to finally order your snap press.
I hope you guys had a great anniversary. I love your wedding pictures.