24 November 2008

Mmmmmm. My New Favorite Treat

I have a new favorite treat.

Biscotti.

For some reason I got it in my head that we needed to sell biscotti at our booth this weekend. I pictured people dipping their Stephen's hot chocolate and coming back for more, then buying a walking stick.

The only problem was that I had never seen biscotti made before. I've very rarely had it.

But, being the borderline-psychotic that I am (think of the grocery cart here), I had to try. allrecipes.com is one of my favorite sites; I find things to make from there at least weekly, often more. The website came through again. Well, the second time. I tried to make some yesterday and it was barely good enough to eat, even after it was dipped in chocolate. I switched recipes, and tonight I went to town.

JLP loves to help, but I really couldn't have him help this time. Even though the hot oven MIGHT burn of the germs he would transmit to the baking goods, I really didn't feel like my costumers need 2-year-old grime on the stuff they pay good money for.

The recipe was easy, but somewhat time consuming. After forming it you cook it for a while, then take it out and let it cool, cut it into the strips, then re-bake, flipping after a few minutes. It didn't really take me any extra time because I was dipping Oreos and pretzels simultaneously. JLP has dubbed these tasty morsels "Scotties", which I think is really cute.

I tasted some after they were done and I LOVE them. Too bad almond extract is so spendy; I would probably be making these a lot more often if it was less expensive.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Fun! I love trying new recipes, and it sounds like you got a great one! I have seen these made on the food network, but never ventured a try myself!! Lets see pics!

Miss Bear said...

Hey! Send me your email, I would love to add you to our blog! It was so great to see you guys...hopefully all went well with the craft fair!
mystikalchik3@hotmail.com