Yesterday I was being all productive and working on sewing projects I've put aside for a long time. I've wanted to start some new stuff, but decided that I should complete what I've started.
I was sewing with a fabric that wasn't feeding through the machine very easily, and the top layer was stretching all over. I was trying to work with it to get it back on track when the fabric jerked quickly under the feed dogs, pulling my finger under with it. I sewed my pointer finger on my left hand. The needle went through my fingernail, my finger, and out the other side. I had to manually wind the needle back out. Fortunately it hadn't completed a stitch.
It hurt really bad. I didn't scream because of my sleeping boys. I have to play the special musical number tonight for Stake Conference, but fortunately the puncture is on the opposite side of the finger pad than the part that I use to strike the keys.
This is something I definitely don't recommend. I'm not really sure how long it will take for me to go back to those projects now...
08 November 2008
Sew Not Cool
Labels:
daily life,
jdp
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ouch!! I bet that hurt so bad. Very appropriate heading. I hope it heals quickly.
Oh.. this is one of my fears.. Ever since sewing calls in high School.. My other sister in law, Jen, has done this too!! UGH! Get well sooN!
I winced just reading that. I can't even imagine having it HAPPEN! Good grief!!! Hope it mends quickly!
Post a Comment