04 November 2008

I Voted!

This morning we voted.

We first went to the wrong place, and found out that we actually vote on campus, so I stayed in the car with the boys while LHP went in (no parking), then we took him to work. I went right back to vote and had to drive around for five minutes before finding a place to park (I wish they had some spots reserved for voters), then took the boys in with me. JLP was very excited to 'bote', and I hope his inspiration for patriotism is starting early.

I felt very proud as I watched my little paper slide into the voting booth. Some people may think that it really doesn't matter because this state is pretty one-sided, but I still feel great having exercised my right to say who I want.

I find the practice of the news media calling the election when the eastern seabord's polling stations have barely closed very unnervering because it can influence people. I just hope people really take this chance to stand up and make the choice they feel would be best for them and their families (especially in California, Arizona, and Florida).

All I can say is: "God, PLEASE Bless America, especially today!"

No comments: