05 November 2008

The Election is Over

Finally. We are free from the political bashing for another two years.

I celebrate the states that chose to protect marriage (including California; even though it's not official yet), and am so proud of all the Americans that chose to vote. I am disappointed in who the majority chose, and it will probably take some time to be reconciled to it. I can't begrudge people for making a choice, but I am left wondering how we got here in the first place.

For now, I will just keep trying to do what's right by our family and our values and hope that the other great and good people in our country will choose to do the same. Our influence is not just felt on election day.

3 comments:

GustoBones said...

We had a hotly contested local Senate seat here and I thought I would die if I had to see one more negative campaign ad! I too am disappointed a the majority's choice, but pleased that tradtional marriage won out!!

pinkmorning said...

i am glad it is over too. at least renew the zoo here passed.

Rachel Holloway said...

Guess we can only see what the future holds now...all change takes time. So we will see...

BuT DANG I am glad it's over!