We just renewed our Sprint contract and got a great deal (see previous post), but were disappointed about one aspect of our plan. No text messaging.
So, every time someone feels inclined to drop us a message it's twenty cents. Doesn't sound like much, but seems like highway robbery to me. Just another way they are nickle and diming us all. (I'll rant another time.)
LHP called before and asked about adding some texts to our plan because we were paying so much for texts we didn't want to receive that we figured we'd just pay a little more and use the service. He was told that we had to add that amount PER LINE; we couldn't share them on our family plan. So not worth it.
So, he called again today and talked to a rep for a while. She finally told him she would look at all the options they had for these add-ons to see if something would work. She found a promo code that she tried, not expecting it to work, but it did!
So, for buying 300 text messages for one line ($5), we get 1,000 for the other. The original deal was 300 for $5, nothing extra. So, it is a great and fantastic deal! I'm thinking we won't have to upgrade our plan for a long time because this is a HUGE boost!
If any of you are on Sprint and have a lower plan (like us), give them a call and work the deal for yourself!
06 November 2008
Entering the Texting Domain
Labels:
super deal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I used to hate texting, but now i find it SO easy and convenient. I text a ton now. Glad you are joinging our ranks. Glad it was such a great deal too!
Wishing I had Sprint right now...great deal!
Post a Comment