22 November 2008

Driving a Grocery Cart Down Main Street

I went shopping tonight. As usual, I took my handy fabric grocery bags to walk my wares home. The only problem was I ended up with a ton (literally) more stuff than I planned on. I didn't have the car; I didn't want to call LHP to have to load up both the boys; I couldn't just leave the stuff there. So I did what any 'reasonable' person would: I walked my shopping cart home.

Now, before anyone goes into a conniption about this, I only live one block from the grocery store.

Still, as I was wheeling my wares home I felt a little odd and daring. I mean, how many people do YOU see walking down main street pushing shopping carts?
(bums excluded, of course...then again, maybe I now qualify as said bum)

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

That is so funny...

In the city here, they have alarms on the grocery carts that lock the wheels if you try to take it past the parking lot. :) You wouldn't have gotten far! :)

Rachel said...

dont see that everyday!

pinkmorning said...

we used to have a grocery cart in our apartment in provo. one of my roommates had "walked it home" if you know what i mean, haha.