26 October 2008

Went a Carvin'

Saturday the 25th we had what is becoming a tradition around our place: pumpkin carvin'. Not that pumpkin carving isn't a tradition in other places, but my older brother brought his girlfriend-at-the-time (now his wife) a few years ago, and now my younger brother brought is girlfriend this year. I don't know that we'll be around long enough for the other siblings, but it's been fun while it lasted!

Anyway, we decided to do sugar cookies, carve pumpkins, watch a movie, and drink delicious egg nog.

Here are some pictures/video:


You mean, you don't change oil during YOUR Halloween parties? Come on! :) (I actually bought the oil and filter. Feeling pretty proud over here. I don't know if it helps that I took the owner's manual in so they could spoon-feed me the right oil, but at least I was smart enough to look stupid enough to get the right stuff. If that made any sense you are a genius...)
I think CDP wants one, too.
My crazy calico cat
This boy can't get enough orange!
Gone batty!
He wanted to do the carving all by himself, sharp knives and all. I finally convinced him to let me help.
Perfection in the making. (the pumpkins, I mean)
Nothin' like a little Homestarrunner to bring Halloween to its true glory!
Crackstuntman and the Cheat. If you don't know, you probably don't want to. It's apparently addictive. (How many years in a row have we had Homestarrunner pumpkins? Too many. Too many)
The final product:


4 comments:

GustoBones said...

Looks like fun. We are carving our pumpkins tomorrow and I for one am excited about the annual trip to Krispy Kreme(we always get those when we carve:)). I can't get them any time of year because I can down them like nobody's business!

Monette and Mark said...

This brings back memories of our 1st offical date. Pumpkin carving, pizza making and homestarrunner watching... haha. We miss you guys. We'll think of you tomorrow night when we carve our pumpkins. I love how JLP says Cherise. Too cute!

Rachel said...

how fun! WE did our carving yesterday too!

Anonymous said...

Yay for pumpkin goop!! Love it! Miss you guys! I'm just about done making my "dice" costume and it should be interesting! I'll take some pictures and see if I can get em up on the blog. I haven't blogged in a while so I'll have to change that! Love you guys!