30 October 2008

Goin' Canning

I am about to undertake a project of gargantuan proportions: Canning apple pie filling!

My mom sent over A TON of apples (well, not a ton, but two apple boxes full, and that's too much for us to eat, though JLP has tried), and they are not staying really crisp, so I decided that I would make apple pie filling instead of applesauce. I was getting ready to do it all today, then realized that I don't have enough canning jars.

I posted a wanted ad on Freecycle (love that group!), and got a response back. I'll be picking up quart jars tomorrow! I hope to be able to get them all done tomorrow, but that is a lot of peeling, so we'll see how I do.

I am super excited to use my pressure cooker to do it. It's another 'I'm-a-real-mom-trying-to-figure-something-new-out' adventure!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

How fun!! Canning is just one of those projects that make you feel so homemaker-y..