06 October 2008

A New Face

Not having had an older sister to guide me through the formative make-up starting years, I have been slow in getting on the 'let's-look-nice-and-get-put-together-today' train. Those of you who know me will wonder if I am even on the platform yet.

However, I have come to see the light in regards to at least moisturizing daily. So, I set off on a quest for an inexpensive, yet effective moisturizer with sunscreen. I hate spending money on a product that doesn't work, so I didn't want to try something expensive. However, I do think quality matters in the case of cosmetics (I'll not reveal the waxy, cheapo 'lipsticks' I've purchased in the past but have been too cheap to throw away. They work great for messages on mirrors!).

Walgreens didn't have anything on sale that looked good, so I tried K-Mart when I happened to be there. In the marked-down section they had a few, and I took them over to the scanner to see how much they really were. One was $15, the other was $1. What? $1? A mistake?

Hoping beyond hope, I went to the register and asked how much it was. It truly rang up as $1, which totally can't be beat. I tried it when I got home and I really like it. I think I'll go back and see if they have another bottle in the marked-down area.

I never thought I would blog about cosmetics, but I thought this was a great deal and a good piece of the puzzle for my new face -- or at least a new side of my old one.

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I love a good deal and it sounds like you totally got one! I hope you find a whole bin full!

pinkmorning said...

you know what works well for me is cetaphil. it is not too expensive. they have lotion and cold cream. it isn't super cheap either but it lasts a long time. if you are ever near a costco, they sell them in a two pack for about the same price as one in a grocery store, so stock up, i do. i have been using it for ten plus years and i love it. i have super sensitive skin so it is the only stuff i can use that doesn't irritate my skin.

Rachel said...

uh-oh.. is blogging about cosmetics bad form?? I am in trouble!!! Glad you found osmething you like. I use Cetaphil too.. but I use the cetaphil cold cream.. It is thick, but I LOVE it especially at night!

GustoBones said...

I love a good moisturizer. Glad you found a great deal!