20 October 2008

Another Not-So-Great-Night

Last night was the party of the wrong kind.

We got to bed at a reasonable hour, then at 12:30 JLP woke up screaming and crying, much the same way he did when he would throw up soon after. So, I arranged a blanket under him that would catch all the throw up so I wouldn't have to wash as many linens (again). He settled back to sleep and I went to bed, only to be summoned twenty minutes later with the same screams. After doing that a few times I just ended up in his bedroom with him on his twin bed that we put a bolster on so it is shorter for him (meaning VERY uncomfortable for adults) to be there when he screamed out. I kept waiting for the throw up but it wouldn't come. When I was sick I felt like I needed to throw up for a few hours before I finally did, so I thought that was the situation.

Finally, at about 4:40, I had enough. I woke myself up enough to consider the possibility that he wouldn't actually throw up, and I looked for other solutions. Completely opposite of my logic that he would throw up, I decided that he was probably hungry. So I got him out of bed and he ate a full bowl of peaches, a bowl of applesauce, and a piece of toast, all washed down with some big drinks of water. After that I put him back in bed and had to feed CDP, and JLP just curled up under the blanket, watched me for a few minutes, and settled in to a sound sleep.

I am very glad I figured it out, but I really wish I would have tried it at 2:00 instead of 4:4oish. I think I might start leaving a little snack in his room so we can avoid such bouts of starvation in the future.

No comments: