18 June 2008

Two Weeks, Two Boys, One Mama

Well, we now have completed our second week being parents of two boys (one two years old). It feels like cause for celebration. JLP is so much a little boy now. He loves to do his puzzles (like 20 times a day, and I'm not exaggerating), and he can now do them all by himself. It's quite amazing to me, actually. And little CDP is very cute, and not so little any more. Yesterday he weighed 10 lbs 7 oz, so he's gained a lot of weight. He is also sleeping very well; the last couple of days he has only gotten up twice in the night to eat. He is also very aware, and has very good head control. He pops his head up and swivels and looks around to see what in this big, wide world is going on.

LHP only has 4.5 weeks of school left (actually, one month to the day), which means it will be that long until we get to have so many of our family here to celebrate graduation and a baby blessing. CDP is in his movable chariot; I put the baby carrier on the stroller, and that's where he spends a good portion of his day. JLP can't get him, and I can push him around as needed. It's been pretty slick.

LHP was able to be up on his homework last night, so we were able to sit together and watch a movie. Wowzer. It's amazing what a funny movie, an ice cream shake with heath, skor, malt, and chocolate chunks, plus a spouse can do to really make my night. I'm still looking for ways to have a date not confined to our apartment, but I'm definitely thrilled with anything!

The other thing I am VERY happy about is that LHP put in our air conditioner yesterday, so I am done sweltering. Super Yeah!

For myself, I am trying to get used to cooking dinners again (thanks Mom and RS for the first couple of weeks), and I have been very spoiled. Our current favorite dinner, which I think I could have every night (I like it as much as going out, and it's EASY) is Mr. Yoshida's cooked into chicken (I actually have the chicken cooked and frozen, so it's only a matter of heating it through), with steamed broccoli over rice. YUM, YUM, YUM. Let's add another YUM for good measure.

And, because no great blog post is complete without pictures, here are two pictures of what our happy, peaceful part of the day looks like when two boys are busy (or sleeping, but that seems pretty busy to me):


5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

gLAD YOU are surviving! It's an adjustment, but I think you are doing great!

And don't you LOVE Yoshidas!??! Mmmm......that stuff is HEAVEN!

Rachel said...

keep the upbeat posts a comin! I need all the encouragement I can read.. I am stressin about having two but you make it sound totally doable!

GustoBones said...

Sounds like things are going super well!!!

Beanie said...

Thank you for giving us this glimpse into your life. It makes you seem not so far away. You are doing great as a mother of two.

time-for-a-paws said...

Wow that little boy is growin quickly! Can't wait to see the whole family in August!!