Today I checked something off my goal list: I completed a Sprint length Triathlon.
The one I did is sort of strange (and cheating-ish) in that the swim is the night before, then the bike and run are together.
Swim length: 10 laps @ 50m/lap. My time: 10:31Bike length: 12 miles. My time: 54:46
"Run Length" (in parenthesis because I didn't do much actual running, but I FINISHED!): 3.1 miles. My time: I'm not really sure, but subtracting the others puts it about 20 minutes.
**CORRECTION: I thought that was a little short for the pace I was at, so I checked the final results, and they forgot to add my swim time in the total. So my run ended up at 34:13Total: 1 hr, 35 minutes, 09 seconds.
I won my category (I don't think there was anyone else in it), so I got a nifty medal. I think they made enough categories for everyone to get a medal, but I still wore it proudly!
I actually went faster than I thought, so Lucas didn't make it in time for my finish. He was wrastling three kids, which is work enough. They still came, which I thought was great.
My cheering crew (minus my Dad who had to jet off early). Thanks for coming and celebrating a finish with me!I finished faster than I planned and feel really good about completing it. It is a fun sport that is really balanced in the muscle groups it works, and was overall FUN!
Funny bonus: the T-shirts seemed to me like leftovers from the place that screened them because there was rainbow of colors. I ended up with an orange one, so now I have a shirt I can wear to school events here because the colors are orange and black!
And, as VERY infrequently happens, I won a doorprize! It is a swim cap, which is fun. It was great to get anything!
I was most proud of finishing and improving upon my goal, but the thing I was second most proud of was this: During the bike we passed the water station, and I decided to go for a drink. While balancing precariously on the road bike, I grabbed the water cup, guzzled it, then threw if off to the side, landing it in the trash box. It was mighty impressive, but I'm the only one who saw it...
11 September 2010
Triumphant Triathlon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That's so awesome! Congrats! I'm not brave enough to do anything other than 5K's and it is most definitely a run/WALK! haha! Oh and your kids are absolutely adorable! :)
Oh my gosh, Janette -- I am so impressed, great job!
way to go!! That is such an amazing accomplishment!
(I've tried to leave a comment a few different times and keep having technical issues...) Way to go!! What a big goal to have accomplished. Very impressive that you managed to get a drink and thrown your cup away without stopping or dying!!
Way to go Janette! THat is great. I have always wanted to do one as well. I just don't know how to swim! You have a beautiful family!
Impressive!
I know I am super late in saying this, but I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! WOW! That is incredible that you completed such a race! Am hoping I can work up to that someday... :)
Post a Comment