11 June 2010

Welcome, Little One!

We had a joyous day, as we welcomed a precious daughter to our family.

Liza Jane Proctor was born at 3:06, weighed 7 lbs 8 oz, 20 inches, and cute as can be.

We feel so blessed!

Labor and deliver at the Birthing Center were great! They don't see patients on Friday, and no one else was in labor, so we had the place to ourselves. It was really a treat. They have nice soaker tubs that I took full advantage of (LOVE hot water for contraction management), we walked in their garden area, and tried all sorts of other things as necessary. Lucas did a great job helping me and supporting me, and I really appreciate my Mom & family watching the boys so we could just focus on the labor and delivery.

The one midwife that had been attending through the labor called in the two other midwives to assist with the birth, and they barely made it in time. I had three contractions in transition, then two and a half pushes before she was born, so delivery went REALLY fast. Then we climbed in bed, she latched on right away, and things have been going great!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Congratulations!!! Yay for a girl!

Unknown said...

You're amazing Janette. What a miracle.

GustoBones said...

Just looked at all the pics. So darling! Hopefully we can get these girls together at the reunion! Is Lucas still headed to Portland sometime soon? Let us know what his plans are!

The Higham Family said...

I just re-found your blog- so you had another baby too!! Congrats, she is a little doll! I'm so impressed with women who opt for a natural birth...and like it! That is amazing.